Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to Class

Hi Everyone,

I am busy gearing up for class next week.  I can't wait to see my kids and find out all about their Christmas breaks.  It was nice to have some time off but I am excited to get back into the groove of things. 

Don't forget that we will have a presentation on Tues.  The topic is your Christmas Break.  That means you can bring in a gift, show pictures, talk about something you did or somewhere you went or something special that happened. 

Remember to keep the presentation to 2-3 minutes, practice at home, and maybe even prepare a notecard with 5-8 key word points to present to the class.  And visuals are always a great thing. 

Also, this semester we will have a presentation each week.  I have prepared a presentation schedule with topics for each week.  But these are just a suggestion so if your child wants to present something different that is totally okay.  I don't want it to be stressful but I would like them to practice at home.

Some big news...we will have new classmate this semester.  Will Reeves, from Brian Zielny's class, will be a new addition.  I am very excited to have him...he is a smart cookie and it will be nice to have another sweet boy to add to our already fabulous group.    It might be a tight squeeze with 9 kids around the table but I am sure that we can make it work.

This week Sophia is in charge of snack.  I am posting the schedule below as a reminder (and I have updated it to reflect Will).

Snack Schedule
Journeymen C

Week 13: Sophia
Week 14: Zoe
Week 15: Ryan
Week 16: Jessica
Week 17: Sydney
Week 18: Nate
Week 19: Kristen
Week 20: Jennings
Week 21:  Will
Week 22:  Sophia
Week 23:  Zoe
Week 24:  Party

Don't forget to have your kids bring their ring binder do class.  I will continue to have several handouts per class that I would love to have them keep organized to help them study at home.

Also, please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about Memory Power (1-2 subjects), Memory Excellence (3 or more subjects) or Memory Master.  I would love to encourage you to work towards one of these levels with your kids.  I have such smart cookies in my class that I know they are totally capable.  I think a few subject suggestions to learn would be Math or Timeline because they are the same year after year, Latin this year repeats itself 1& 2nd semester and English is also a great one to learn Prepositions, Helping Verbs & Linking Verbs. 

See you Tuesday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment